What is personal history?
Listen to pronunciation. (PER-suh-nul HIH-stuh-ree) A collection of information about a person’s health that allows the person to manage and track his or her own health information.
What makes a history source reliable?
A reliable source is one that provides a thorough, well-reasoned theory, argument, discussion, etc. based on strong evidence. Scholarly, peer-reviewed articles or books -written by researchers for students and researchers. Original research, extensive bibliography.
How do you write a personal history?
- Begin your narrative at an exciting point in your life.
- Do not worry about style, grammar, punctuation, or other composition technicalities at the beginning.
- Be visual with your words.
- Be willing to laugh at yourself.
- Do not be afraid to write about your weaknesses, as well as your strengths.
Is it really impossible to come up with a single historical fact?
A historical fact is a fact about the past. Much disagreement is due to the fact that accurate history is difficult to obtain, for a variety of reasons. Much information regarding the past has been lost. Many cultures have a rich oral history, but lack written documents.
What makes history History?
To really breakdown what makes history, history we need to look at 6 key ideas; historical significance, evidence and interpretation, continuity and change, cause and consequence, historical perspective, and ethical judgement.
How do historians decide if a source is trustworthy?
The first key points historians want to check about a source is whether the source is based on accurate knowledge and understanding. To do this, they might check whether the author was there at the time, whether the author was involved in the event, whether the author understood the overall context.
Why is your personal history important?
It is a chance to look at your life and see that your life that is one well-lived and to see that you have overcome triumphs, celebrated joys and survived heartaches.
How do I find my history?
- Own Your Story. You are absolutely the best person in the world to write your story and your family history.
- Tell Favorite Stories Aloud.
- Make a Time Line of Major Life Events.
- Be Specific.
- Just Start.
- Make a List of Stories to Tell.
- Forget About Chronology.
- Use Memory Triggers.