How do you access if your community is healthy?
- Quality Education. Quality education, from preschool to higher education, is the foundation upon which future success is built.
- Adequate and safe housing.
- Employment opportunities and job skills training.
- Access to public transportation.
- Physical/Recreational Activities.
- Health education access to health care.
How does a healthy community affect you?
As such, a healthy community is one in which all residents have access to a quality education, safe and healthy homes, adequate employment, transportation, physical activity, and nutrition, in addition to quality health care. In its simplest form, health has been defined as merely the absence of disease and disability.
What is the most common problem encountered in your community?
Answer: Community Problems : Adolescent pregnancy, access to clean drinking water, child abuse and neglect, crime, domestic violence, drug use, pollution, mismanagement of resources, lack of funding for schools and services, ethnic conflict, health disparities, HIV/ AIDS, hunger, inadequate emergency services.
What can you do to help make your community to be a healthy community?
Here are five ways you can improve health in your community.
- Practice healthy habits with kids in your life.
- Engage in your school’s efforts to encourage healthy practices.
- Learn more about the decisions local officials are making that impact your environment.
- Give back healthy options to your community.
How do you assess the challenges in your community?
How should I analyze a community problem?
- Justify the choice of the problem.
- Frame the problem.
- Identify whose behavior and/or what and how environmental factors need to change for the problem to begin to be solved.
- Analyze the root causes of the problem.
What challenges do communities face?
In many cases, the racial gap persists across community types. In urban, suburban and rural areas, nonwhites are significantly more likely than whites to say that poverty, crime, racism, jobs, access to good doctors and hospitals, and access to high-speed internet are major problems in their local communities.