What are the importance of English language in the modern world?
English has been the considered to be the first global Lingua Franca. In today’s modern world the English language has become part and parcel of every existing field. It has been an international language of communication, business, science, information technology, entertainment and so on.
What skills are you hoping to gain?
- 1 COMMUNICATION SKILLS (LISTENING, SPEAKING AND WRITING)
- 2 ANALYTICAL AND RESEARCH SKILLS.
- 3 FLEXIBILITY/ADAPTABILITY.
- 4 INTERPERSONAL ABILITIES.
- 5 ABILITY TO MAKE DECISIONS AND SOLVE PROBLEMS.
- 6 ABILITY TO PLAN, ORGANISE AND PRIORITISE WORK.
- 7 ABILITY TO WEAR MULTIPLE HATS.
- 8 LEADERSHIP/MANAGEMENT SKILLS.
What words have the most meanings?
The word with the most meanings in English is the verb ‘set’, with 430 senses listed in the Second Edition of the Oxford English Dictionary, published in 1989. The word commands the longest entry in the dictionary at 60,000 words, or 326,000 characters.
What word goes with complicated?
Synonyms & Antonyms of complicated
What are the 20 most misspelled words?
20 most commonly misspelt words in English
What’s a better word for complicated?
What is another word for complicated?
What is the longest word in world?
pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis Appearing in the Oxford English Dictionary, this 45-letter word for a disease is the longest English word that is defined in a major dictionary. It’s a technical word referring to the lung disease more commonly known as silicosis.
What are the tricky words in English?
Tricky words are typically part of the phonic code. The word ‘want’ has the ‘o’ sound instead of ‘a,’ which is how it’s spelt. This means that children find it difficult to read out the word, as the sounds don’t accompany the letters. Other tricky words include: was, swan, they, my and are.
What is tricky words in Jolly Phonics?
‘Tricky words’ are sometimes called ‘key words’ or ‘phonically irregular high-frequency words’. They are now also called ‘common exception words’. They used to be called ‘sight words’ but this term is no longer used in synthetic phonics.
What is the hardest word to spell?
Top 10 Hardest Words to Spell
What is the most complex word?
What do you think would be the hardest language for you to learn?
What do I hope to gain from this class?
The skills I would like to gain are:
- A sense of independence and confidence that will encourage me to pursue the. career I hope for.
- Skills that I will be able to apply to my life in the future.
- Education is important in shaping the individual’s future.
What is the effect of learning English to your future?
Research shows that learning a new language changes your brain structure (don’t worry, it’s in a good way). It impacts the parts of your brain that are responsible for memory, conscious thought and more. Put simply, learning a new language can make your brain stronger and more versatile, improving the way you think.
How do you identify a tricky word?
Steps for Explicit, Systematic Teaching of Tricky Words
- Step 1: Read the tricky word to the student(s), then read it together.
- Step 2: Identify the regular letter-sound-correspondences in the word.
- Step 3: Identify the ‘tricky’ bit.
What is a complicated word?
Words related to complicated troublesome, perplexing, problematic, hard, arduous, fancy, sophisticated, convoluted, intricate, knotty, difficult, puzzling, involved, elaborate, mixed, entangled, interlaced, abstruse, can of worms, labyrinthine.
Which is toughest language in world?
The Hardest Languages In The World To Learn
- Mandarin. Right at the top is the most spoken language in the world: Mandarin.
- Arabic. Number two, Arabic, challenges English speakers because most letters are written in 4 different forms depending on where they’re placed in a word.
What do you wish to gain out of this internship?
There are many things you can gain from an internship: additional skills and education, networking opportunities, mentorship, etc. Don’t simply state, “I’m hoping to fulfill my requirement for my major.” Instead, tell the employer what you hope you’ll learn.
What do you hope to gain from this job answer?
How to Answer: What Do You Hope to Gain From This Experience?
- Explain your Motivation. Discuss what motivated you to apply for their position—describing how your interests align with the skills posted in the job description.
- Prioritize the Brand.
- Be Honest.
- Tie In Your Strengths.
- Expand Your Resume.
How do you use the word complicated?
Complicated sentence example
- If it doesn’t look too complicated , maybe I can fix it.
- The dispositions were very complicated and difficult.
- It all sounds a bit complicated to me.
- Things were getting complicated here and the mountains were calling.
- Life is complicated ; you can’t let it stop you from living.
What are some tricky words?
We’ve rounded up ten of the trickiest words in English and provided tips that will help you stop misspelling them.
- Stationary vs. Stationery.
- Separate. When we pronounce this word, it sounds like “seperate”.
- Affect vs. Effect.
- Compliment vs.