When should I ask for an extension?
You should request an extension as soon as you know that you won’t be able to meet the original deadline. Your deadline may affect other parts of a project, such as other team members’ abilities to complete their work, as well as the project’s official completion date.
How do you ask a professor for an extension family emergency?
Send a polite email to your professors detailing that you have not been able to do the work due to your family emergency (attaching proof if required), and ask for an extension to complete the assignments. Most professors are very understanding about this, so chances are they’ll grant one for you.
How do I ask for an extension due to illness?
Requesting a Deadline Extension
- You may ask for an extension.
- Make sure you have a concrete and appropriate reason for asking for an extension.
- Don’t wait until the last minute to ask for an extension.
- Be tactful and diplomatic in your wording.
- For the sake of speed, phone the employer to discuss the situation.
What is at your earliest convenience?
From Longman Dictionary of Contemporary Englishat your earliest convenienceat your earliest convenienceformal as soon as possible – used in letters We should be grateful if you would reply at your earliest convenience. We should be grateful if you would reply at your earliest convenience. …
How do you ask for an extension of deadline sample?
Sample letter to request an extension of deadline
- Directly tell him or her your requests, you have to put into consideration the possible difficulties it may create.
- tell the reader that you are asking either a shorter or longer deadline for you or the reader.
- Give him or her details why you are changing the deadline date.
Can you give me a call at your earliest convenience?
Both those requests are correct enough – asking someone to call ‘at your earliest convenience’ implies that your request is URGENT and you want them to call AS SOON AS THEY CAN. Only say ‘at your earliest convenience’ if you really need that person to call you back right away, as soon as they can.
What does being a convenience mean?
The definition of convenience is the state of being able to do something easily with little effort and no hindrances.
Can you let me know your convenient time?
Please let me know a convenient place and time to meet. It would be great if you could kindly inform me about a place and time for our meeting as per your convenience. Looking forward to meeting you, upon your intimation of place and time.
How do I ask for an assignment extension?
Let your teacher or boss know when you can have the project ready. Make it clear that you have a plan for getting the assignment done in that time. If they think you’re asking for an unreasonable amount of time, be willing to accept a shorter extension.
How do you write a letter asking for an extension?
Write the letter as soon as you can. As soon as you know you will need an extension, immediately begin preparing your letter. You need to give the recipient as much time as possible to make a decision about your situation. You also want to appear prepared, despite asking for an adjustment to the schedule.
How do you say no hurry?
Ways of telling someone not to hurry – thesaurus
- (there’s) no hurry. phrase.
- in your own (good) time. phrase.
- whoa. interjection.
- haste makes waste/more haste less speed. phrase.
- what’s the hurry? phrase.
- time is on your side. phrase.
- give someone/something a chance. phrase.
- in my/his/her etc hurry. phrase.
How do you politely ask deadlines?
These are my tries: Could you kindly inform me when is the deadline for sending my inputs for the weekly report, please? I kindly ask you the deadline for sending my inputs for the weekly report, please. Please correct all my mistakes.
How do you ask for something you really want?
Follow These 9 Steps to Ask for What You Want (and Actually Get…
- Act as if you expect to get it. You need a solid level of certainty and expectation when you ask for something you want.
- Ask someone who can give it to you.
- Get the other person’s full attention.
- Be clear and specific.
- Ask from the heart.
- Ask with humor and creativity.
- Give something to get something.
- Ask repeatedly.
Is it ASAP or ASAP?
ASAP or A.S.A.P. or a.s.a.p., an abbreviation of: as soon as possible.
What’s another word for convenience?
In this page you can discover 100 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for convenience, like: handiness, openness, usefulness, suitability, availability, accessibility, adaptability, suitableness, approachability, utility and serviceability.
Is for your convenience rude?
No, saying “at your convenience” is generally understood to be a polite way of saying that you recognize that the other person is very busy, and so asking them to choose a time for a meeting instead of you selecting a time.
Is hurry up rude?
Asking for someone to Hurry, or Hurry up can be considered quite rude.
Is at your convenience polite?
It is polite and quite formal to say “at your convenience”, “when it is convenient for you”, or more informally “when it suits you”. This phrase can mean “when it is suitable for you”, but is never said.
How do you use your convenience?
at one’s convenience Also, at one’s earliest convenience. Whenever one wishes; also, as soon as one can. For example, Pick up the car any time, at your convenience, or We need that drawing very soon, so please finish it at your earliest convenience.
What can I say instead of ASAP?
Alternatives to ASAP
- As soon as possible, or _____. Use this to say that something’s urgent, but can wait until a specific deadline if necessary.
- Promptly. This one can serve as a nudge by suggesting the recipient has been less than prompt.
- At your earliest convenience.
- Whenever you’re able.
How do you politely rush someone?
The Direct Method
- I need you to get a move along.
- You’re a bit behind schedule and need to get moving.
- Please, can you speed up, you are holding everyone up!
- You need to go faster.
- Please try to finish up in the next few minutes.
- We need it no later than the end of (date/time).
- You need to have it finished by (time).
Is asking for an extension bad?
Yes, asking for an extension is not a problem — if you are polite. The problems begin, however, if you act like you deserve an extension “because the assignment is stupid” or if you merely ignored the actual due-date for the assignment.
What is the difference between convenient and convenience?
“When will it be convenient for you to come over?” uses “convenient” to describe “it”, which is the situation or time. “Convenience” is the state of being convenient. One’s convenience is when they find something easier to do.
How do you say at your convenience?
“I am confident that I possess all the necessary qualifications for the position and am ready to meet with you at your convenience.”…What is another word for at your convenience?
|at your leisure||when convenient|
|at a convenient time||in due course|
|in your own time||whenever you like|
|when it suits you||when you can|
|at a suitable time||in a spare moment|
What does mean ASAP?
as soon as possible
Is at your earliest convenience rude?
At my earliest convenience It comes across as inconsiderate, if not outright rude. If you do have time to honor a request, instead of saying you’ll get around to it when it’s convenient, tell the person when they can expect your response.
Will revert back to you at the earliest?
“Revert soon/promptly/at the earliest” is common in India but considered incorrect by native speakers in the US and UK. In the US & UK, write that you will “reply soon”, “write back as soon as possible (ASAP)” or “email promptly/at the earliest opportunity”.