What does fire inspector mean?
Fire inspectors examine buildings in order to detect fire hazards and ensure that federal, state, and local fire codes are met.
How do I become a fire inspector in NY?
- Be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Have a driver’s license that is valid in the State of New York.
- Successfully complete a computer-based test, comprehensive background investigation, medical examination and Peace Officer Certification.
What is inspection in fire and safety?
Fire inspection is conducted by the fire departments to assess the potential fire safety hazards in a building. Its type and frequency varies from one to another, depending on the location of the building or installation, relevant laws, local and special regulations applicable for the type of building occupancy.
What is the purpose of fire safety inspection certificate?
The Fire Safety Inspection Certificate (FSIC} issued by the Bureau of Fire Protection serves as an assurance that a certain facility, structure or building/occupancy has been duly inspected and deemed complying to the Fire Code of the Philippines or RA 9514.
How do I get a fire safety inspection certificate?
- Filled out Application Form.
- Endorsement from BPLO.
- Fire Safety Evaluation Clearance/ Checklist.
- Certificate of Completion (Original Copy)
- Approved Plan.
- Building Permit.
- Certificate of Electrical Inspection.
- Other pertinent documents as deemed necessary.
How do you become a NYC fire marshal?
EDUCATION REQUIREMENT: In order to be eligible for promotion to Fire Marshal, you must possess at least thirty (30) college-level semester credits awarded by an accredited college or university.
How do I become a fire safety officer?
Quite simply, you will need to complete an appropriate fire training course in order to learn the skills required of you to perform fire safety officer or fire warden duties.
How do you inspect a fire?
Fire Extinguisher Inspection Checklist
- Confirm the extinguisher is visible, unobstructed, and in its designated location.
- Verify the locking pin is intact and the tamper seal is unbroken.
- Confirm the pressure gauge or indicator is in the operable range or position, and lift the extinguisher to ensure it is still full.