What are the techniques of fiction?
Common techniques relevant to style, or the language chosen to tell a story, include metaphors, similes, personification, imagery, hyperbole, and alliteration. Techniques relevant to plot, which are the sequence of events that make up a narrative, include backstory,flashback, flash-forward, and foreshadowing.
What is science fiction examples?
Frankenstein, or, The Modern Prometheus by Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley. Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell. Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury. Brave New World by Aldous Huxley. The Time Machine by H. G. Wells.
What are the three elements of science fiction?
Three important elements of science fiction are speculation about humanity’s future, the impacts of science and technology on people, and settings in an alternate time and place.
What are the 3 elements of science fiction?
What are the two types of science fiction?
Science fiction is divided into two broad categories: Hard sci-fi and soft sci-fi.
- Hard sci-fi novels are based on scientific fact.
- Soft sci-fi novels can be two things: Either they are not scientifically accurate or they’re inspired by “soft” social sciences like psychology, anthropology, and sociology.
What are the six elements of fiction?
Most fiction writers and academics agree that the six elements of fiction are theme, plot, setting, characters, point of view and style.
What are three characteristics of science fiction?
Science Fiction Characteristics
- Setting in an Alternative World. Toto, we’re not in Kansas anymore.
- Non-human Characters. It’s a cliché that sci-fi fiction and film are full of aliens.
- Science and Technology.
- Time Travel.
- Age of Reason.
What are the 4 types of stories?
Here are four common types of narrative:
- Linear Narrative. A linear narrative presents the events of the story in the order in which they actually happened.
- Non-linear Narrative.
- Quest Narrative.
- Viewpoint Narrative.