How to make meatballs using grape jelly?
- Spray the inside bowl of a slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place frozen meatballs in the slow cooker first.
- Pour the grape jelly and chili sauce over the meatballs.
- Cook on high for 2 hours, or low for 4 hours.
- Once the meatballs are done cooking, add in the cornstarch slurry.
How to make meatballs with grape jelly in the oven?
How to Make Grape Jelly Meatballs
- Put the jelly, ketchup and Worcestershire sauce in a small pot on medium heat.
- Preheat your oven to 350 °F.
- Whisk all the sauce ingredients together until smooth.
- Warm the sauce to just a simmer and pour over the meatballs. Bake in the oven until the meatballs are cooked.
How to make homemade meatballs with grape jelly and chili sauce?
How to make Crockpot Meatballs with Grape Jelly:
- Once you browned all the meatballs you made, add them to the crockpot with a jar of chili sauce and a jar of grape jelly. Give everything a gentle stir.
- Cover the crockpot and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours, or HIGH for 2 to 3 hours. The sauce should be hot.
How many meatballs is 3 oz?
A 1-inch meatball is about one ounce. 4 oz of raw, lean meat is about 3 ounces after cooking.
How can I thicken my meatballs sauce?
How do you thicken the sauce without sacrificing flavor? Before adding the meatballs, mix together 1 tablespoon cornstarch and 2 tablespoons milk or cold water and add it to the sauce, stir over low heat until mixture thickens.
What can I use instead of currant jelly?
So what are the best substitutes for currant jelly? The top red currant jelly substitutes are strawberry jam, raspberry jam, blackberry jam, and cranberry relish. The key to using a currant jelly alternative is pairing it’s flavor with the other ingredients in your dish.
How long do you brown meatballs before putting in sauce?
Brown the outside of the meatballs in a skillet for added texture if desired. This is optional. Cover the with sauce. Heat them on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.