What is the full meaning of stuck up?
adjective. If you say that someone is stuck-up, you mean that they are very proud and unfriendly because they think they are very important. [informal, disapproval] He was a famous actor, but he wasn’t a bit stuck-up. Synonyms: snobbish, arrogant, conceited, proud More Synonyms of stuck-up.
What is a good word for stuck up?
Find another word for stuck-up. In this page you can discover 41 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for stuck-up, like: arrogant, conceited, condescending, disdainful, uppity, snobbish, egoistical, egotistical, attitude, hoity-toity and snobby.
What does a stuck up girl mean?
4. The definition of stuck up is someone who is snobbish and thinks and acts like he is better or superior to everyone else. An example of stuck up is a girl who always wears fancy clothes and who looks down on people who wear plain clothes. adjective.
What is the meaning of Still stuck?
Stuck means being trapped in something. An example of stuck is being trapped in mud. verb. Unable to progress. I’m stuck on this question in the test.
Is stuck-up a bad word?
If you say that someone is stuck-up, you mean that are very proud and unfriendly because they think they are very important.
How do I stop being stuck-up?
Try these seven strategies when you feel stuck:
- Let go of the past. Listen to the stories in your head.
- Change your perspective.
- Start with small changes.
- Explore your purpose.
- Believe in yourself.
- Practice being hopeful.
- Consider talking to a professional.
What is stock up?
Definition of stock up : to get a large quantity of something for later use —often + on We made sure to stock up on food before the storm hit.
How do you use stuck up in a sentence?
Stuck-up sentence example
- She did enjoy the special treatment and the way he stuck up for her.
- I’m surprised she stuck up for you.
Why would someone be stuck-up?
stuck-up Add to list Share. If you have an exaggerated opinion of yourself, believing you’re smarter, more attractive, or just generally better than everyone else, you’re stuck-up.
What does stuck on mean?
To be or become fastened or attached to someone or something.
How do you use stuck?
Stuck sentence example
- He’ll be stuck to that TV for hours.
- The woman stuck out her hand.
- He will be forever stuck between the two worlds, the good and the evil, without entering either or leaving either behind.
- Then I’m off to tell Gabriel his mate is stuck in Hell.
Can a man be stuck-up?
If you say that someone is stuck-up, you mean that are very proud and unfriendly because they think they are very important. He was a famous actor, but he wasn’t a bit stuck-up.