How do I get to Dropbox preferences?
To access your Dropbox account settings:
- Sign in to dropbox.com.
- Click your avatar (profile picture or initials) in the top-right corner.
- Click Settings. To access different types of settings, click the tabs along the top of the page. Learn more about the different tabs and settings below.
How do I change download location in Dropbox?
How to move your Dropbox folder
- Close any applications on your computer that may be using your Dropbox files and folders, and disable your computer backup.
- Open your Dropbox desktop preferences.
- Click the Sync tab.
- Click Move…
- Select the new location for your Dropbox folder.
Why is Dropbox syncing?
This process is just a precaution to ensure that a copy of your files are safe on your computer while your files are re-syncing. It’s recommended that you don’t touch the “Dropbox (Old)” folder while this process is happening. The time this process takes depends on the amount and size of your files.
How do I sync Dropbox across devices?
Sign in to your Dropbox account on each device, then add your files and folders to the Dropbox folder on your computer, phone, or tablet. Dropbox cloud file sync is available on multiple devices and platforms, from Windows and mac OS , to mobile devices like iPhone, iPad, and Android via the Dropbox mobile app.
How do I update my Dropbox?
If you want to manually update to the latest stable version of Dropbox, you can get it from our download page or our install page (for Linux users).
Where do Dropbox Downloads go on iPhone?
To access your Dropbox account in the Files app:
- Open the Files app.
- Under Locations, you’ll see your Dropbox folder.
- Tap your Dropbox folder.
How do I download a video from Dropbox to my iPhone?
At the bottom of the Dropbox video share dialogue, you should be able to find the Save Video option. Tap on it to instantly download a video from Dropbox to your iPhone. Videos will be saved to your iPhone Camera Roll.
How do I stop Dropbox from syncing?
Choose which folders to store on your hard drive
- Open your Dropbox desktop app preferences.
- Click the Sync tab.
- Under Selective Sync, click Choose folders (Mac) or Selective Sync… (Windows).
- Check the folders you’d like saved on your hard drive. Uncheck the folders you’d like removed.
- Click Update.
How do I stop Dropbox from automatically syncing?
- Click the Dropbox icon in your taskbar (Windows) or menu bar (Mac).
- At the bottom of the window that appears, there’s a bar with text that says Your files are up to date, Syncing [filename], or Syncing [x] files.
- While you’re hovering, the text changes to Pause file sync.
Can you sync Dropbox to an external drive?
Any Dropbox account can enable Dropbox Selective Sync to sync Dropbox to an external hard drive. 1. Click the Dropbox icon on the taskbar of the desktop. Click the gear icon and select Preferences.