What is JIRA software used for?
Jira Software is part of a family of products designed to help teams of all types manage work. Originally, Jira was designed as a bug and issue tracker. But today, Jira has evolved into a powerful work management tool for all kinds of use cases, from requirements and test case management to agile software development.
How do I get to JIRA support?
Creating a support request
- Go to the Get Help tab and choose Contact technical support or report a bug.
- Enter: Contact email – this defaults to the email address of the logged-in user. It will be used to find your support account or, if no account is found, to create a new account.
- Hit Send.
What is JIRA software and how IT works?
Jira Software is an agile project management tool that supports any agile methodology, be it scrum, kanban, or your own unique flavor. From agile boards, backlogs, roadmaps, reports, to integrations and add-ons you can plan, track, and manage all your agile software development projects from a single tool.
How does JIRA work step by step?
Getting started with Jira tutorial: 6 basic steps
- Step 1 – Create a project. In the top-left corner, click the Jira home icon ( , , , )
- Step 2 – Pick a template.
- Step 3 – Set up your columns.
- Step 4 – Create an issue.
- Step 5 – Invite your team.
- Step 6 – Move work forward.
Is Jira good for small business?
It is an excellent choice for startups and small teams looking to scale their business. The Premium plan, priced at $14/user per month, is Jira’s most popular plan, ideal for mid-level software development companies that are aggressively growing and taking on bigger projects.
How does Jira help in project management?
How does Jira Core help track projects? Managing projects and tasks in project management software starts with a workflow. Workflows define your process and enable your team to track tasks. Visualize your process so your team knows how projects and tasks are progressing.
Is Jira a helpdesk?
The Jira Service Desk is reliable help desk software offered by Atlassian and serves as a place where your customers can report bugs, contact you for help, access your knowledge base and request new changes.
Is Jira easy to learn?
Jira’s kanban workflow is simple, yet extremely easy to learn and use. If you’re creating one in your existing project, all you have to do is click on your project name on the left hand menu and select “create board.”
Is JIRA easy to learn?
How do I use JIRA?
How to Use JIRA?
- Step 1) Open Jira software and navigate to the Jira Home icon.
- Step 2) Select Create project option.
- Step 3) Choose a template from the library.
- Step 4) Set up the columns as per your need from Board settings.
- Step 5) Create an issue.
- Step 6) Invite your Team members and start working.
Why is Jira popular?
It’s trusted by 65,000+ organizations worldwide, including innovative leaders like Cisco, Square, Spotify, eBay, and Airbnb. In addition to project management, Jira is also known for its bug tracking functionality. That’s one of the many reasons why this tool is popular amongst software development teams.