How do you add a series name in Excel?
Right-click the chart with the data series you want to rename, and click Select Data. In the Select Data Source dialog box, under Legend Entries (Series), select the data series, and click Edit. In the Series name box, type the name you want to use.
How do I add a data series to an Excel chart 2010?
Right-click the chart, and then choose Select Data. The Select Data Source dialog box appears on the worksheet that contains the source data for the chart. Leaving the dialog box open, click in the worksheet, and then click and drag to select all the data you want to use for the chart, including the new data series.
How do I label multiple series in Excel?
To edit the series labels, follow these steps:
- Click Select Data button on the Design tab to open the Select Data Source dialog box.
- Select the series you want to edit, then click Edit to open the Edit Series dialog box.
- Type the new series label in the Series name: textbox, then click OK.
What is the series formula in Excel?
A data series is just a group of related data representing a row or column from the worksheet. When you select a particular data series on a chart its corresponding series formula will appear in the formula bar.
Where is series in Excel?
Excel writes it for you when you create a chart or added a series. You can also view the series data using the Select Data dialog. Right click on the chart and choose Select Data, then select the series in the list and click the Edit button. The Edit Series dialog shows the same data that the SERIES formula shows.
How do you create a data series in Excel?
Adding a Series to an Excel Chart
- Click the chart to enable the Chart Tools, which include the Design and Format tabs.
- Click the “Design” tab, and then click “Select Data” from the Data group.
- Click “Add” from the “Legend Entries (Series)” section.
- Enter a name for the new data in the Series Name field.
How do I add a series in sheets?
Add series sets (domain sets)
- On your computer, open a spreadsheet in Google Sheets.
- Double-click the chart you want to change.
- At the right, click Setup.
- At the bottom, click Add axis & series set.
- Pick your X-axis and series.
What is series name in Excel?
When you create a chart in Excel, you’re plotting numeric data organized into one or more “data series”. A data series is just a fancy name for a collection of related numbers in the same row, or the same column.
How do I add a data series to an Excel chart?
Add series to chart
- Right click at the chart and select Select Data from context menu. See screenshot:
- In the popping out dialog, click Add button. See screenshot:
- Then in the Edit Series dialog, specify the Series name and Series values by selecting the data you need from the data range.
- Click OK > OK to close dialogs.
How do you rename a series in sheets?
By default, the first line of each column becomes the legend name. To change this, simply rename the first row of the column. Double-click the column cell (or double-tap). Enter any name that you want.