How can I control my Apple TV from my computer?
Your device and your computer must be on the same wireless network and signed in with the same Apple ID.
- On your iOS or iPadOS device, open the Remote app.
- Do one of the following:
- In the Apple TV app on your Mac, click the Remote button under Devices in the sidebar, then type the 4-digit code.
How do I access Apple TV settings on Mac?
In the Apple TV app on your Mac, choose TV > Preferences, then click a preference pane:
- General: Set whether your movies and shows are downloaded, are available across devices, and more.
- Playback: Choose options for streaming quality, download quality, multi-channel audio, and more.
How do I change my Apple TV settings?
Change streaming and download options
- Go to Settings > TV.
- Choose streaming options: Use Cellular Data: Turn off to limit streaming to Wi-Fi connections. Cellular: Choose High Quality or Automatic.
- Choose download options: Use Cellular Data: Turn off to limit downloads to Wi-Fi connections.
How do I set up Apple TV on my computer?
Connect your Apple TV to the same Wi-Fi network as your computer. On your computer, open the Music app, Apple TV app, or iTunes for Windows. On your Apple TV, go to the Home screen, select Computers, and choose a shared library.
Can you turn on Apple TV without remote?
You can turn on an Apple TV without a remote simply by plugging it in — once it’s plugged in, it will turn on automatically. If your Apple TV is in Sleep Mode, try unplugging it and plugging it back in to wake it.
How do I reset my Apple TV on my Macbook Pro?
Reset the Apple TV app
- In the Apple TV app. , navigate to Settings.
- Go to Reset, then select Reset. Resetting the Apple TV app restores it to original settings and removes your personal information, TV shows, and movies from the smart TV.
Where is menu button on Apple TV remote?
Navigation button: This circular or ring-shaped button sits near the top of the controller, and it’s primarily for navigating menus. Clicking the top, bottom, left, and right sides of the ring allow you to navigate up, down, left, and right in menus.
How do I set up Apple TV without a remote?
Use the Apple TV Remote in Control Center If you lost the remote for your Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HD, set up and use the Apple TV Remote on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
Can I use Apple TV with a computer monitor?
Question: Q: Apple TV with a monitor Answer: A: Answer: A: Apple TV will work with any output device that supports HDMI. To use streaming channels make sure you’re connected to WIFI or ethernet and follow the login prompts.
How do I connect my iPhone to my Apple TV without a remote?
What is this? To do this, make sure that the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are turned ON on your iOS device. Turn ON the Apple TV, and when the Start-up Screen appears, touch your iOS device to the Apple TV box, and follow the on-screen instructions on both devices. Your Apple TV can now access the new Wi-Fi network.