What is the literature about the video game addiction?
Literature has consistently shown that video game addicts reported more anxiety, depression, lower positive affect and psychological well-being. Literature has also shown that Internet addictions are related to poorer emotional health, in particular depression and anxiety (40, 41). For instance, Whang et al.
What are the effects of playing computer games?
Various studies show that playing too much computer games causes physical damages and increases anxiety and depression in players. Many studies show that most adolescents who are addicted to computer games have high heart beat and blood pressure due to too much excitement and stress.
What is the effect of online games in students?
College students spending too much time on online games every week tend to suffer from worsened learning ability, concentration problems, poor academic performance, and decreased interactions with other people.
What are the effects of video games on our lives?
Video games can improve mental skills, such as:
- Problem solving and logic.
- Hand-eye coordination, spatial skills and fine motor coordination.
- Logistics, resource management and planning.
- Speedy analysis and decision making.
- Math and reading skills.
- Cooperation and teamwork with multiplayer games.
How do video games affect emotions?
Studies have shown that puzzle video games can decrease stress and improve mood. According to research from the American Psychological Association, games can elicit a range of emotions, positive and negative — including satisfaction, relaxation, frustration, and anger.
Do computer games affect studies?
Researchers found that intensive computer gaming did have a negative impact on grades, especially when kids spend multiple hours playing them on school days. But even when children played for up to eight hours a day, the effects on academic achievement were only slight.
How do games influence our culture?
The aesthetics and principles of gaming culture have had an increasing effect on mainstream culture. This has led to the gradual acceptance of marginalized social groups and increased comfort with virtual worlds and the pursuit of new means of interaction.
What is the effect of online game addiction?
Feelings of restlessness and/or irritability when unable to play. Preoccupation with thoughts of previous online activity or anticipation of the next online session. Lying to friends or family members regarding the amount of time spent playing. Isolation from others in order to spend more time gaming.
What are positive effects of playing video games?
11 Positive Effects of Video Games
- Improved cognitive abilities.
- Improved problem-solving skills and logic.
- Increased hand-to-eye coordination.
- Greater multi-tasking ability.
- Faster and more accurate decision-making.
- Enhanced prosocial behaviors.
- Better eyesight (attention to detail)
What are the effects of video games on children?
Spending excessive time playing these games can lead to:
- Less time socializing with friends and family.
- Poor social skills.
- Time away from family time, school work, and other hobbies.
- Lower grades.
- Less reading.
- Less exercise and becoming overweight.
- Decreased sleep and poor quality sleep.
- Aggressive thoughts and behaviors.