How does WCCP work?
WCCP is used between a Cisco router and a proxy server to communicate. The proxy server will tell the router that it is “alive” and ready to serve webpages. It’s also used as a “hello” message so the router knows when the proxy is down. The router is called the WCCP server and the proxy is called the WCCP client.
What is WCCP in networking?
WCCP. A Cisco-developed content-routing protocol that provides a mechanism to redirect traffic flows in real-time. It has built-in load balancing, scaling, fault tolerance, and service-assurance (failsafe) mechanisms.
What is WCCP proxy?
WCCP uses the UPD protocol on port 2048 – it is essentially a one-way communication from the proxy to the router. Figure 3: WCCP Between the Proxy and Router. WCCP has a number of advantages when used between a proxy and the gateway router: You can have multiple proxy servers.
How do I configure WCCP?
Understanding the configuration of WCCP
- Step1: Configure WCCP Version 2.
- Step2: Specify the IP Address of WSA in an ACL.
- Step3: Specify which traffic needs to be redirected to WSA using an ACL.
- Step4: Configure WCCP Service IP and combine all the parameters.
- Step5: Apply WCCP on the interface of the Router.
What is WCCP in FortiGate?
WCCP stands for “Web Cache Coordinator Protocol”. The idea is to transparently redirect user traffic to a cache (that is: no explicit web proxy configured on client web browser). Client traffic going through the FortiGate is intercepted and redirected to a web proxy.
What is PAC script?
Does FortiGate support WCCP?
You can configure FortiWeb as a Web Cache Communication Protocol (WCCP) client. This configuration allows a FortiGate configured as a WCCP server to redirect HTTP and HTTPS traffic to FortiWeb for inspection.
How do I enable FortiGate Web cache?
General configuration steps
- Configure the FortiGate unit as a reverse proxy web cache server.
- Configure the FortiGate unit for SSL offloading of HTTPS traffic.
- Add an SSL server to offload SSL encryption and decryption for the web server.
What is PAC file server?
What is Android proxy?
Android allows you to configure proxy settings for each Wi-Fi network. This is sometimes required to access the Internet on a business or school network, for example. Your browser traffic will be sent through the proxy you configure.
What is Wccp in FortiGate?
How do I clear the FortiGate Web filter cache?
- Go to System > FortiGuard.
- Scroll down to the Filtering section.
- Configure the settings as needed: Web Filter Cache. Enable/disable web filter cache, and set the amount of time that the FortiGate will store a blocked IP address or URL locally.
- Click Apply.