How do you read a stacked area graph?
How to read the stacked area charts?
- The stacked area shows each of the grouped items, in this case labels, as a separate colour. The horizontal axis shows the totals per day.
- Numbers are clickable so you can drill down to see the individual tasks behind the numbers.
How do you read a 100% stacked area chart?
A 100% stacked area chart shows how the constituent parts of a whole have changed over time. The y axis scale is always 100%. Each area of colour represents one part of the whole. The parts are stacked up, usually vertically.
What does a stacked area chart show?
Definition. A stacked area chart is the extension of a basic area chart. It displays the evolution of the value of several groups on the same graphic.
What is area chart explain with example?
An area chart showing a comparison of cats and dogs in a certain rescue over a period of 10 years. An area chart is an extension of a line graph, where the area under the line is filled in. The “lines” are actually a series of points, connected by line segments.
What is a stacking area?
Stacking area means a setback measured from the public street right-of-way to the security station.
What is stacked area chart Excel?
A stacked area chart is a primary Excel chart type that shows data series plotted with filled areas stacked, one on top of the other. A stacked area chart can show how part to whole relationships change over time. They offer a simple presentation that is easy to interpret at a glance.
Where do you use area charts?
When to use area charts
- Use area charts only if you want to show how values develop over time.
- Area charts work best if the total is as important as its shares.
- Area charts work best for considerably large differences between your values.
- Area charts work best to show multiple values over time.
What is the difference between area chart and stacked area chart?
Area charts are perfect when communicating the overall trend, as opposed to the individual values. Use a stacked area chart for multiple data series with part-to-whole relationships or for cumulative series of values. There are three main variations on this chart, and each has its best use, depending on the situation.
What is area chart in simple words?
An area chart or area graph displays graphically quantitative data. It is based on the line chart. The area between axis and line are commonly emphasized with colors, textures and hatchings. Commonly one compares two or more quantities with an area chart.
How do I create a stacked area chart in Excel?
Creating a Stacked Area Chart
- Select the entire dataset (A1:D6)
- Click the Insert tab.
- In the Chart group, click on the ‘Insert Line or Area Chart’ icon.
- In the 2-D Area category, click on Stacked Area.