What are Thai fish cakes made of?
A classic Thai street food and my favourite starter at Thai restaurants along with Chicken Satay. Surprisingly easy to make at home – all you need is fish, red curry paste, egg, rice flour and fish sauce. Blitz, make patties and pan fry!
What goes with fish cakes as a main meal?
What to Serve with Fish Cakes: 9 Easy Options
- Tartar Sauce. We’ll start with the most obvious yet most perfect partnership.
- Sweet Potato Fries.
- Asparagus and Hollandaise Sauce.
- Baked Beans.
- Corn Pudding.
- Broccoli Salad.
What is the recipe for Thai fish cakes?
- Into a food processor put the garlic, ginger, lemongrass, spring onion, chilli, coriander and the tbsp oil.
- Add the fish, fish sauce, salt, lime zest, sugar and egg and whizz until it forms a smooth paste.
- Shape into little patties and shallow fry for a few minutes on each side until golden and cooked through.
How many calories are in a Thai fish cake?
Thai Fish Cakes (2 pieces) contains 5.3g total carbs, 4.2g net carbs, 3.6g fat, 5.2g protein, and 75 calories.
Why won’t my salmon patties stick together?
Why are my Salmon Patties falling apart? It might be necessary to add more cracker crumbs. The salmon patties will fall apart if they are too wet. You need enough cracker crumbs to bind all the ingredients together.
What can I put with fish cakes?
What To Serve With Fish Cakes: 11 Tasty Choices
- Homemade chips. Fish and chips is a match made in heaven, and when it comes to side dishes for fish cakes, you really can’t go wrong with a portion of hot, crisp, homemade chips.
- Tartar sauce.
- A baked potato.
- Bread and butter.
- Roasted vegetables.
- Minty peas.
Can you freeze uncooked Thai fish cakes?
Once solid, transfer the fishcakes to resealable containers and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw the fishcakes overnight in the fridge before cooking and make sure that they are piping hot all the way through before serving.