How do I find cross references in Word 2010?
On the References tab, in the Captions group, click Cross-reference. In the Cross-reference dialog box, select the reference type. In the Insert reference to list, select which option you want to use as the reference (page number, caption, section heading, for example).
How do I insert references in Word 2010?
Using the Reference Feature in Word 2010
- Step 1: Choose the “References” Tab.
- Step 2: Choose “Manage Sources”
- Step 3: If Adding a New Source, Choose “New”
- Step 4: This Is Where You Will Enter Your Source’s Information.
- Step 5: Select the “Type of Source”, and Enter the Information in the Blanks, Then Click “OK”
How do you update a cross-reference in Word?
You can update cross-references manually by pressing Ctrl + A to select all and then pressing F9. Cross-references will also be updated when you switch to Print Preview or when you print (if the Word option Update fields before printing is turned on).
How do I see all cross-references in Word?
How Do I Update All Cross-References at Once in Word?
- Click anywhere in the main body of your document and press Ctrl-A to select the entire document. Or, on the Home tab, click Select and choose Select All.
- Right-click anywhere in the selection and choose Update Field or press the keyboard shortcut F9.
Where are templates located in Microsoft Word?
By default, user templates files are stored in the following location: In Windows XP: \Documents and Settings\\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates. In Windows Vista or Windows 7: \Users\\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates.
Where are templates in MS Word?
You can find Word templates for most kinds of documents on Office.com. If you have an Internet connection, click the File tab, click New, and then click the template category that you want. You can also you can create your own templates.
Why cross-reference is not working in Word?
The fix is: Close all instances of Word that are running, including other non-problem Word documents. Open up the problem Word document, but before clicking on the references, make sure this document is located in another monitor, not the same monitor you just used.