Can you still buy Apple iPod shuffle?
After 12 years on the market, Apple discontinued the iPod Shuffle in July 2017. With the increasing focus on the iPhone and its superior capabilities, it was only a matter of time before the Shuffle met its end (all other iPods except the iPod touch have also been discontinued).
Are iPod Shuffles still compatible?
iPod shuffle is still supported on iTunes 12.11 Windows.
Did Apple stop making iPod shuffle?
The iPod helped revolutionize the music industry, fueling the shift toward digital platforms. However, as smartphones like the iPhone surged in popularity and supported nearly all the features in an iPod, the device slowly became obsolete. In 2017, Apple quietly discontinued both the iPod Nano and iPod Shuffle models.
What took the place of the iPod Shuffle?
Enter Mighty, a small music player that’s a dead ringer for the iPod Shuffle, right down to its physical dimensions and button layout. One noticeable difference: you don’t have to actually own the music it plays. Instead, it stores up to 1,000 Spotify songs so you can leave the phone at home.
What can I use instead of an iPod Shuffle?
SanDisk Clip Jam The Clip Jam has always been a good alternative to the Shuffle because a) it has a screen, and b) it doesn’t require iTunes.
How do I put music on my iPod Shuffle without iTunes?
How to Put Music on iPod Shuffle: A Step-by-Step Guide
- Step 1: Download WALTR 2 by clicking on the free download button below.
- Step 2: Install and launch the WALTR 2 app on your Mac/Windows PC.
- Step 3: Connect your iPod Shuffle to your PC/Mac.
- Step 4: Drag and Drop Music files into WALTR 2.
- Step 5: And you are done!
How do I know my iPod Shuffle generation?
iPod shuffles model numbers are printed in small type:
- A1373 — 4th Generation (The model number is printed on the part of the clip that touches the base).
- A1271 — 3rd Generation (The model number is printed at the bottom of the back, underneath the clip).
How do I restore my iPod Shuffle without iTunes?
Way 2. Factory reset iPod without iTunes (password required)
- Unlock your iPod Touch and navigate to “Settings” > “General” > “Reset”.
- Then you will be present several reset options; tap the one labeled “Erase All Content and Settings”.