How do I view Google Tag Manager data?
How to Check Google Tag Manager is Working
- Open Google Tag Manager and click Preview in the top right corner.
- Next navigate to your website. You may need refresh the browser. The debug console will open at the open of the browser window.
- Evaluate what tag are being fired on the page and which ones are not fired.
How do I use data layer variable in Google Tag Manager?
Set up the data layer variable
- Click Variables.
- Under User-Defined Variables, click New.
- Click Variable Configuration and select Data Layer Variable as the variable type.
- In the Data Layer Variable Name field, enter the key exactly as it was written in the code (e.g. bookTitle, not book title.)
What can you measure with Google Tag Manager?
3 Metrics That Help Track User Engagement with Google Tag Manager
- Scroll Depth Tracking with Google Tag Manager. First, we want to track how far users scroll on your site pages.
- Element Visibility in Google Tag Manager.
- CTA Click Tracking in Google Tag Manager.
Is Google Tag Manager deprecated?
As of January 1st, 2020, the Universe platform will no longer support Google Tag Manager (GTM). This will allow us to deliver on our commitment to protect consumer privacy and data security in regions we currently operate in.
Do I need GA and GTM?
GA + GTM = Maybe Having both hardcoded Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager on your site in and of themselves is not an issue. You’ll ultimately need to make sure you’re not duplicating your efforts and consequently duplicating your data. If you need to have both, then yes, you can.
How do you view data layer variables?
A third way to find your data layer information is using the console tab in developer tools. Simply type “dataLayer” into the console, and voila, there’s your data layer. Click the down arrow next to the data layer array, and you can see the different objects inside.
What are variables in Google Tag Manager?
Variables in Google Tag Manager are named placeholders for values that are populated when code is run on your website or mobile app. For example, the Tag Manager variable named “Page URL” returns the current web page URL.
Is Google Tag Manager part of Google Analytics?
Google Tag Manager does not replace Google Analytics. Instead, it helps users to easily add Google Analytics tracking codes (tags) to your website, deploy GA code snippets and define rules, when each tag must fire. Google Tag Manager is the middle-man of your digital analytics implementation on any website.
What is tag management in analytics?
A tag management system (TMS) is software that can be used to manage tracking tags used in digital marketing. A tag is a short snippet of code that is added to a URL to collect data for analytics and digital marketing tools.
Should I use Google Analytics 4?
While it might be intimidating and hard to use, it’s clear that GA4 is the future of Analytics, and you should be prepared for that. That said, there’s no reason you can’t run a Universal Analytics property at the same time to get all the benefits of both. In fact, we recommend running both!
Does GTM work for mobile apps?
The latest version of Google Tag Manager for mobile apps is smaller, faster, easier to implement, and more functional. It is integrated with Firebase – Google’s platform for mobile developers across iOS and Android – and extends its capabilities for developers and marketers.