What safety signs are mandatory?
- Eye protection must be worn. Safety helmet must be worn.
- Ear protection must be worn. Safety boots must be worn.
- Safety gloves must be worn. Safety overalls must be worn.
- Pedestrians must use this route. General mandatory.
Which signs are mandatory signs?
Mandatory Road signs are generally round in shape with red border. Some of them are blue in colour. ‘Stop’ and ‘Give Way’ are octagon and triangular, respectively, in shape. Violation of these signs attracts heavy fines and punishments.
What are the 6 safety signs?
Quick Guide to the 6 Types of Safety Signs Your Workplace Needs
- Prohibition Signs – CAN’T DO.
- Mandatory Signs – MUST DO.
- Danger Signs – KILL YOU.
- Warning Signs – HURT YOU.
- Emergency Information Signs – SAFETY FIRST.
- Fire Signs – FIRE EQUIP.
What colour are mandatory signs?
Signs indicating mandatory requirements consist of a blue circle with the pictogram or text in white positioned centrally.
What are Triangle signs?
Triangle signs – usually white with a red border – are here to let you know that you’re approaching a hazard or a place to stop. They will usually point upwards and feature an image of the hazard: merging traffic, a junction on a bend, a slippery road or a zebra crossing are all examples of common warning road signs.
What are the 4 main categories of safety signs?
These 4 important safety signs can be broken into categories: Prohibition, Warning, Mandatory and Emergency.
- Prohibition Signs. A sign prohibiting behaviour likely to increase or cause danger (e.g. “No access for unauthorised personnel”)
- Warning Signs.
- Mandatory Signage.
- Emergency Signs.
What colour is mandatory signage?
Health and Safety (Safety Signs and Signals Regulations) 1996
|WARNING SIGNS These signs give warning of potential risks||Triangular||YELLOW with black symbol or text|
|MANDATORY SIGNS Signs that require actions or activities that will contribute towards safety||Circular||BLUE with symbol or text in white|