Do you need a phone to use Viber?
Viber requires that you have it set up on a mobile phone before it can be installed on your computer. This is because your phone number is used to contact you in both places. Open the application and begin the setup process. Viber will ask for the phone number of the device that it was set up on previously.
Is there a Viber Web version?
Setting up and connecting Viber for Desktop is easy – get started now by going to https://www.viber.com/download/ and clicking on Download for Windows or Download for Mac. Make the best use of Viber when you are at your computer, and download Viber for Desktop now.
Can I use Viber on my laptop?
Viber for Desktop is synced to your mobile account. To activate Viber for Desktop, you will need an active Viber account on your mobile phone.
How do I connect Viber to my PC?
Click the “Continue” button, and Viber will send an activation code to the Viber app on your smartphone. Launch Viber on your smartphone. Open Viber on your smartphone. The activation code will be displayed on full screen under Activate PC.
How can I chat without a phone number?
App for messaging without using phone number?
- Messenger Platform 2.0. Discovery, chat extensions, and richer experiences.
- Google Hangouts. New web app for Google Hangouts cross-device messaging app.
- Wire. Great conversations.
- Telegram 4.0.
- VIPole Private Messenger.
- Contus Fly – Chat & Messaging API.
Can I use Google Voice number for Viber?
Google has updated their Android-based voice-command system to include a number of messaging services like WhatsApp and Viber.
Can I have 2 Viber accounts on desktop?
Yes, it is possible to use two different Sync accounts on the same computer as long as each account is on a different user on your computer.
How can I download Viber messages on PC?
Follow the steps below to backup Viber messages on your device.
- Step 1: Open the Viber application.
- Step 2: Mail Viber Messages Backup.
- Step 1: Install the MobileTrans application on the computer.
- Step 2: Connect your iPhone to your PC.
- Step 3: Backup Viber Data from your smartphone.
- Step 4: Export Data to PC.
How do I use Viber on Chrome?
In order to use Viber, you will have to install the Android or iPhone application, link your phone number and then, you can install the desktop client on your Mac, PC or Linux device and sync them with a QR Code. Sadly, that does not include Chrome OS because there isn’t a web client.