What other books are similar to The Hunger Games?
Books Similar to The Hunger Games
- Divergent by Veronica Roth.
- The Maze Runner by James Dashner.
- Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard.
- #MurderTrending by Gretchen McNeil.
- Legend by Marie Lu.
- The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey.
- Matched by Ally Condie.
- S.T.A.G.S. by M A Bennett.
What should I read if I like Orwell?
When you think about books like George Orwell’s 1984, there are some standard classics that come to mind: The Handmaid’s Tale, A Clockwork Orange, Animal Farm, The Giver, The Hunger Games, to name just a few. Here, we’re sharing some newer dystopian novels that feel otherworldly.
What should I read after The Hunger Games trilogy?
Books Like The Hunger Games: 10 More Addictive Young Adult Series
- The Gemma Doyle Trilogy. by Libba Bray.
- The 5th Wave Series. by Rick Yancey.
- Flame in the Mist Series. by Renée Ahdieh.
- Legend Series. by Marie Lu.
- Empress of a Thousand Skies.
- And I Darken Series.
- Rebel of the Sands Series.
- Blood Rose Rebellion Series.
What was the author’s inspiration for The Hunger Games?
Collins has said that the inspiration for The Hunger Games came from channel surfing on television. On one channel she observed people competing on a reality show and on another she saw footage of the invasion of Iraq. The two “began to blur in this very unsettling way” and the idea for the book was formed.
What should I read if I like Harry Potter and Hunger Games?
19 Books To Read If You Loved The “Harry Potter” Series
- The Magicians, Lev Grossman.
- The Hunger Games, Suzanne Collins.
- The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson), Rick Riordan.
- The Golden Compass (His Dark Materials), Philip Pullman.
- Sabriel (Abhorsen Trilogy), Garth Nix.
- Inkheart, Cornelia Funke.
- Fangirl, Rainbow Rowell.
Is Divergent similar to The Hunger Games?
While both The Hunger Games and Divergent are dystopian series with female leads that rebel and lose family, in Divergent the characters have more choice in their destiny while in the Hunger Games they live in fear of their future.
What books can you compare 1984 to?
10 Books like 1984
- Wuthering Heights, by Emily Bronte.
- The Great Gatsby, by F. Scott Fitzgerald.
- Jane Eyre, by Charlotte Bronte.
- Brave New World, by Aldous Huxley.
- Voyage in the Dark, by Jean Rhys.
- Animal Farm, by George Orwell.
- Frankenstein, by Mary Shelley.
- The Picture of Dorian Gray, by Oscar Wilde.
What genre is 1984 George Orwell?
Dystopian FictionSocial science fictionPolitical fiction
Does Suzanne Collins like the movies?
What many fans of The Hunger Games don’t know is that Collins was heavily involved in adapting the books into the movies. Perhaps that is why bibliophiles are particularly pleased with the way the films turned out. Collins actually served a screenwriter for two of the movies, The Hunger Games and Mockingjay – Part 1.
What book is Hunger Games based on?
The Hunger Games is a series of young adult dystopian novels written by American author Suzanne Collins. The series is set in the Hunger Games universe, with the first three novels being a trilogy following teenage protagonist Katniss Everdeen.