What are the 11 organ systems and their basic functions?
11 Cards in this Set
|Integumentary System||Insulates, protects, temperature and water regulation|
|Skeletal System||Provides support for body|
|Muscular System||Creates and limites movement, moves food along the digestive tract and circulates blood.|
|Nervous System||Controls and regulates all systems of the body|
What are organ systems and their functions?
Major organ systems of the human body
|Nervous||Collects, transfers, and processes information and directs short-term change in other organ systems|
|Reproductive||Produces gametes—sex cells—and sex hormones; ultimately produces offspring|
|Respiratory||Delivers air to sites where gas exchange can occur|
What are the 14 body systems and their functions?
These 14 systems are the Musculoskeletal system; Organs of Special Sense (optical); Auditory; Infectious Diseases, Immune Disorders, and Nutritional Deficiencies; Respiratory system; Cardiovascular system; Digestive system; Genitourinary System; Hemic and Lymphatic system; Skin; Endocrine system; Neurological …
What are 5 organs and their functions?
- Brain. The brain is the body’s control center.
- Heart. The heart is the most important organ of the circulatory system, which helps deliver blood to the body.
- Lungs. The lungs work with the heart to oxygenate blood.
- Liver. The liver is the most important organ of the metabolic system.
What are the 6 main organ systems and their functions?
LET’S BREAK IT DOWN!
- The human body is made up of multiple interacting systems.
- The circulatory system pumps blood through your body.
- The respiratory system gathers oxygen and removes carbon dioxide.
- The muscular system allows the body to move.
- The digestive system breaks down food to release nutrients.
What is the main function of the organ?
Body Systems, Functions, and Organs
|Body System||Primary Function|
What are the functions of the 7 body systems?
Terms in this set (7)
- Nervous System. • Senses the outside world.
- Skeletal System. • Provides support and shape.
- Muscular System. • Allows movement.
- Circulatory System/ Cardiovascular System. • Transports nutrients and wastes.
- Respiratory System. • Gas exchange between body and air.
- Excretory System.
- Digestive System.
What are the 9 main body systems?
The nine major organ systems in the human body are the integumentary system, the musculoskeletal system, the respiratory system, the circulatory system, the digestive system, the excretory system, the nervous system, the endocrine system, and the reproductive system.
What are the examples of organ system?
Some examples of organ systems and their functions include the digestive system, the cardiovascular system, and the musculoskeletal system.
What are the 12 organ systems?
They are Integumentary System, Skeletal System, Muscular System, Nervous System, Endocrine System, Cardiovascular System, Lymphatic System, Respiratory System, Digestive System, Urinary System, and Reproductive System (Female and Male).