How do I reinstall Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method?
Double click Battery to expand the category, and right click your Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery driver, then click Uninstall device. Confirm your choice if you see a popup notification. Restart your laptop and Windows will reinstall the driver for you.
What is Microsoft ACPI compliant system?
The Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System component provides the Microsoft ACPI Driver in the acpi. sys file. This component additionally supplies the INF (information) files, acpi. inf and machine.
How do I download ACPI drivers?
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click Scan Now. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click the Update button next to a flagged ACPI driver to automatically download and install the correct version of this driver (you can do this with the FREE version).
How do I install Microsoft Surface ACPI Compliant Control Method battery?
Note: In the latest version of Windows, the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery driver automatically reinstalls once the laptop restarts or opens from sleep mode/hibernation. To reinstall the driver, you can just right-click on the Battery on Device Manager. Then, click on Scan for hardware changes.
How do I uninstall and reinstall Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method battery?
Uninstall and reinstall Microsoft ACPI Battery driver
- Press the Windows key + R key.
- In the Run dialog box, type devmgmt.
- In Device Manager, click > or + sign next to Batteries.
- Right-click Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery and click Uninstall.
- Click OK to confirm uninstalling the driver.
Is it safe to uninstall Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method battery?
The ACPI or Advanced Configuration and Power Interface driver can cause laptop battery charge to fail if the driver is corrupt. Uninstall and reinstall the ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery device driver to fix battery charge issues in Windows 7.
What happens if I disable ACPI?
Technically you can disable ACPI device, as it is mostly a power savings virtual device that controls how your OS manages power settings. In a laptop you basically lose the battery icon, and can’t read the remaining charge, but it’s nothing severe to the point of causing damage to the system.
What is a Microsoft ACPI-compliant embedded controller?
The Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Embedded Controller component supports the Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) AC adapter device objects that the operating system uses to manage power resources. If you uninstall the driver then you may have to face different issue with the computer.
Where is ACPI in Device Manager?
Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) is an industry standard that defines power management features and other configuration information for computers. You can find ACPI in Device manager, under Computer option.
How do I fix ACPI BIOS error?
How can I fix the ACPI_BIOS_ERROR BSOD error on Windows 10 & 11?
- Use a third party BSOD fixer.
- Remove your SSD and update your BIOS.
- Enter BIOS and disable AHCI.
- Update your drivers.
- Set the ACPI mode to S1 in BIOS.
- Disable the jumper JPME1 and reflash BIOS.
- Uninstall the Microsoft ACPI Compliant driver.
Is it OK to uninstall Microsoft AC adapter?
WARNING: Do not remove the Microsoft AC adapter driver or any other ACPI-compatible driver.