How do you make white icing with Pettinice?
Instructions for use Remove icing from foil and knead on a clean flat surface dusted with icing sugar or cornflour. Roll out to desired thickness. Brush cake with a sugar syrup or apricot jam thinned with boiling water. Place rolled icing on the cake and smooth down gently.
What is the difference between Pettinice and fondant?
Whether you call it Pettinice, Fondant or sugar paste – they are all the same. Made up of icing sugar, glucose, gelatin, vegetable fat and water. Pettinice has many wonderful decorating abilities. It is used to cover cakes, make flowers and icing novelties.
How do you make fondant really white?
- Step #1 Gather Tools and Supplies. Gather your fondant whitening supplies;
- Step #2 Stir Till Marshmallows Dissolve. Apply vegetable shortening to wooden spoon.
- Step #3 Add Fondant Whitening Powder.
- Step #4 Stir in Powdered Sugar.
- Step #5 Folding and Kneading.
- Step #6 Prepare, Compare, and Store.
How do you make fondant rolls?
- Combine gelatin and cold water; let stand until thick. Place gelatin mixture in top of double boiler and heat until dissolved.
- Add glucose and glycerin, mix well.
- Place 4 cups confectioners’ sugar in a large bowl.
- Use fondant immediately or store in airtight container in fridge.
Can you mix two different fondant Colours together?
A: You can make two tone fondant by adding a second color to the first. For example, if you wanted to make a light green fondant, you would add in some yellow food coloring and mix it in with the white fondant.
Can you freeze Pettinice?
This finish can be used in the same way as other buttercreams, ie: as a topping, filling or for piping.,,FREEZE-THAW INSTRUCTIONS,,This produce has excellent freeze-thaw properties.
Is Pettinice fondant vegan?
Ready to Roll fondant from Bakels NZ. Pettinice is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegetarian, Halal & Kosher.
How do you make fondant shiny with egg whites?
Egg Whites Painting the fondant with egg whites is a quick and easy way to add a shiny appearance. Simply brush on the egg whites with a food-safe paintbrush and let it dry. (Depending on the humidity, this can take 1 to 2 hours.) Though easy to apply, keep in mind this method may leave streaks on your fondant.
How do you remove stains from fondant?
A little water goes a long way. Unless necessary do not apply water to a big area of the cake. Instead apply water/alcohol to the piece of fondant attachment. If your attachment is large apply water in smaller sections to the cake, and only to places you know ;will be covered.
What is rolled fondant made of?
Rolled fondant is made of sugar, water, and corn syrup. For sculpting and shaping, gelatin or glycerin is added.
How do you make royal blue fondant white?
To achieve a royal blue, mix the following amounts:
- 750g Pettinice Blue.
- 150g Pettinice Purple.
- 100g Pettinice Black.