Does UWM have study abroad?

Study Abroad Programs UWM has entered into agreements with several study abroad providers for a semester or a year.

Is CIEE only for US citizens?

Not be a U.S. citizen. Not have previously received a J-1 or F-1 visa. (If you have, you are only eligible for the F-1 program: Standard, Standard+, Choice, or Premier).

Does CIEE pay host families?

Do host families get paid? No. But all host families may deduct up to $50 on their tax return for each school month a student lives with them. Host families of certain grant-program students also may get reimbursement of up to $300 per school year for incidental expenses related to the student.

Who is eligible for CIEE?

To qualify for our Exchange program, you must: Be at least 15 years old and no older than 18 ½ years old on the day you arrive in the U.S. arrival day. January applicants must be 15 by January 1. August applicants must be 15 by June 1.

How long does CIEE take to review study abroad applications?

CIEE advises applicants to allow at least 4-6 weeks for the application process after they have accepted an internship or training position. The process can be expedited for an additional fee. Applicants should speak to their CIEE international representative if they have any questions about processing times.

How much does it cost to be a host family?

There is no charge. The only expenses for your family will be the costs of including another person in your regular activities, including three meals a day.

How much is the application fee for CIEE?

$50 fee
There is a non-refundable $50 fee to submit an application. This ensures that we are devoting our time and resources to assisting serious applicants. Once your application is reviewed and accepted, you’ll be asked to pay a Commitment Deposit.

Does CIEE accept everyone?

Most of our programs have a very high acceptance rate, and even if you’re not accepted, we will offer to transfer your application to a second-choice program. We advise people to focus on completing one application for their top choice. If you’re not sure which one to choose, give us a call and we can advise you!

How do I withdraw from CIEE?

A Course Withdrawal form must be completed by the student and CIEE Center Director and submitted to the CIEE Portland office for any approved course withdrawal occurring after the add/drop deadline.

Categories: Common