What do you understand by technical specifications?
Technical specification or documentation is a document that every project or product manager must write before starting the actual software development. It has a set of requirements for the product in order for it to work as it was meant to be. This list of requirements has to be met before the development is complete.
What are the types of technical specifications?
Four Types of “Specifications”
- Product Specification: This describes a manufacturer’s product and its performance without consideration for a particular building.
- Project Specification: This describes an architect’s design and performance requirements for a particular building.
- Master Specification:
- Guide Specification:
What are the technical specifications of a project?
A technical specification (or “spec”) is a normative document on which the project development is based. It contains detailed requirements for the components and characteristics of the future web product.
What is the main purpose of a technical specification?
The purpose of a technical specification in a software development project is to define the customer’s technical requirements that will be addressed by the project.
What are technical specifications in construction?
Construction specifications, or specs, detail the work and workmanship required for each construction project. A specs definition is “written documentation describing the scope of work, any materials that are to be used, the methods of installation, and the quality of workmanship under contract.”
How do you write a technical specification document?
Contents of a technical spec
- Front matter. Title. Author(s)
- Introduction. a. Overview, Problem Description, Summary, or Abstract.
- Solutions. a. Current or Existing Solution / Design.
- Further Considerations. a. Impact on other teams.
- Success Evaluation. a. Impact.
- Work. a. Work estimates and timelines.
- Deliberation. a.
- End Matter. a.
Why are specifications required in a project?
The specification provides clear instructions on project intent, performance and construction. It can reference the quality and standards which should be applied. Materials and manufacturers’ products can be clearly defined. Installation, testing and handover requirements can be identified.
What should be included in technical documentation?
Technical documentation refers to any document that explains the use, functionality, creation, or architecture of a product. Think of it as a nuts-and-bolts “how to” guide for your users, new hires, administrators, and anyone else who needs to know how your product works.