How long should you allow to drive around Australia?
A suggested minimum time to tour all the way around Australia would be 6 months, though 12 months (or more) would be a better length of time to travel around the country.
What is the best route to travel around Australia?
Australia’s all-time greatest road trips revealed
- The Big Lap. The Big Lap of Australia is still the biggest dream road trip of all.
- The Great Ocean Road, Victoria.
- Gibb River Road, WA.
- Tasmania’s East Coast.
- Cairns to Cape York, Qld.
- Perth to Ningaloo, WA.
- Great Alpine Road, Vic.
- The Savannah Way.
How much would it cost to drive around Australia?
If you do a lap of Australia (lets say 30,000km), you can expect to pay around $30,000 for the whole trip. Of course, this is not a concrete number and there are lots of things you can do to make it less (or more!).
How do you have a good road trip with kids?
Family Road Trip Tips for a Fun and Stress-Free Journey
- Plan some pitstops.
- Stay on course during your family road trip.
- Use snacks as distraction.
- Play together and apart.
- Rock out on the road.
- Choose audiobooks for entertainment.
- Take steps to stay safe and comfortable.
Is it safe to drive across Australia?
You can drive across Australia by following the Stuart Highway which runs from North to South for 2.834 km (1,761 mi). The road is fully sealed and can be driven by any type of car. Driving from East to West can be done following the Outback Highway but this is a 4wd road trip only.
Do you need a 4×4 to travel Australia?
You don’t need a 4WD to drive around Australia, but you do need low range gearing to reach some of the most beautiful bits, because the really wild, wondrous places are almost always in out of the way places.
How do I survive a 12 hour road trip?
9 Road Trip Tips For a Safe and Comfortable Drive
- Get plenty of sleep before your drive. Think about exhaustion before you begin your journey, not after.
- Bring healthy road trip snacks.
- Stay hydrated.
- Plan your rest stops.
- Chew gum.
- Use energizing scents.
- Sit up straight.
- Keep passengers entertained.
How do I survive a 14 hour road trip?
8 General Tips for Road Trips
- Take turns driving, if possible.
- Take a break every few hours.
- Prep before you go.
- Make sure your vehicle’s up to the task.
- Keep cash on hand.
- Eat smart.
- Start with a clean car.
- Consider keeping extra water and gas in the car.
Do you need a 4WD to drive around Australia?