What does Iatse stand for?
International Alliance of Theatrical and Stage Employees and Motion Picture Technicians, Artists and Allied Crafts of the United States, its Territories and Canada (IATSE)
How do I become a local one in NYC?
To get on the Organizational List requires that you must earn at least $35,000 per year for three consecutive years in employment with employers who have collective bargaining agreements with Local One. While it can seem daunting, the vast majority of our current members have gained membership in this manner.
What is a stagehand union?
The International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees, Moving Picture Technicians, Artists and Allied Crafts of the United States, Its Territories and Canada (IATSE) was founded in 1893 when representatives of stagehands working in eleven cities met in New York and pledged to support each others’ efforts to …
How do I join local Iatse?
How can I become a member of I.A.T.S.E. Local 728? You must work 30 “permitted hire” days for a signatory producer and be placed on one of two industry rosters in order to qualify for membership in I.A.T.S.E. Local 728.
What do stagehands do?
Backstage Crew members are also referred to as Stagehands and/or Stage Technicians. They help backstage at theatre productions and prepare everything before the show which includes props, scenery, lighting and sound. Backstage Crew support the Designers and Performers with the running of the show.
Who is covered under IATSE?
Today, IATSE members work in all forms of live theater, motion picture and television production, trade shows and exhibitions, television broadcasting, and concerts as well as the equipment and construction shops that support all these areas of the entertainment industry.
How do I join Iatse Chicago?
- You must be of good moral character and reputation.
- You must have been a resident within the jurisdiction of the Local for at least 18 months immediately preceding the application.
What do stagehands wear?
WORK CLOTHES – Casual, clean clothes; long pants (jeans), shirt (non-offensive), appropriate work shoes (no sandals, flip-flops, or slippers).
How do you become a stagehand?
How to become a stagehand
- Join an apprenticeship program or local drama society.
- Apply for stagehand jobs at small production companies and theaters.
- Join a union.
- Specialize in an aspect of stagehand work.
What are the benefits of joining IATSE?
- Health benefits, including extended medical, dental, life insurance, short-term disability, and counselling services.
- Retirement Plan, funded through RRSP contributions.
- Free or subsidized skills and safety training.
- Financial assistance for qualified members.
Who is covered by IATSE?