Does Internet Explorer still work on Windows 8?
Today, Microsoft is ending support for Windows 8, as well as older versions of its Internet Explorer web browser, IE 8, IE 9, and IE 10. For end users, that doesn’t mean the software instantly becomes non-functional, but that it will longer be updated with bug fixes or other security patches.
How do I install Internet Explorer 10 on Windows 8?
A: There’s no way to directly run Internet Explorer 10 on Windows 8.1. Windows 8.1 and Windows RT 8.1 both come with Internet Explorer 11. If you’re having problems with a site, try enabling the compatibility mode for the site.
How do I enable Internet Explorer on Windows 8?
- Open Internet Explorer on the Desktop.
- Click Tools (the ‘cog’ icon top right).
- Choose Internet Options from the menu.
- Click the Programs tab.
- Check the box next to Open Internet Explorer tiles on the desktop.
- Click Apply and OK.
How do I change the UI in Windows 10?
How to change themes on Windows 10
- Open Settings.
- Click on Personalization.
- Click on Themes.
- Click the Get more themes in the Microsoft Store option. Source: Windows Central.
- Select the theme you want.
- Click the Get button.
- Click the Apply button.
- Click the newly added theme to apply it from the “Themes” page.
Is IE 11 supported on Windows 8?
Minimum system requirements for IE11 For more info about IE11 on Windows 10, see Browser: Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11. IE11 isn’t supported on Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012.
How do I install Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 8?
To start the download, click the Download button and then do one of the following, or select another language from Change Language and then click Change.
- Click Run to start the installation immediately.
- Click Save to copy the download to your computer for installation at a later time.
How do I install Internet Explorer on Windows?
About This Article
- Navigate to Microsoft’s Internet Explorer page.
- Click on Download Internet Explorer 11 (32/64-bit).
- Press Control + J in your web browser.
- Click the file that begins with EIE11_EN.
- Click Yes.
- Click Install.
- Click Restart Now.