What are industrial signs?
Industrial safety signs are commonplace across many industries. They take a variety of forms, but all industrial safety signs are designed to promote safety by informing workers, operators, and passersby of potential dangers in certain areas, near equipment, or in proximity to hazardous materials.
What is the purpose of safety signs?
Safety Signs are crucial in any work environment. The primary importance of displaying Safety Signs is to prevent injury and ensure staff and visitors are well aware of the possible dangers and hazards ahead in certain situations and/or environments.
What are the 4 types of safety sign?
These 4 important safety signs can be broken into categories: Prohibition, Warning, Mandatory and Emergency.
- Prohibition Signs. A sign prohibiting behaviour likely to increase or cause danger (e.g. “No access for unauthorised personnel”)
- Warning Signs.
- Mandatory Signage.
- Emergency Signs.
What are the different warning signs?
These signs contain instructions on what CAN’T be done or MUST be done:
- Prohibition Signs – CAN’T DO.
- Mandatory Signs – MUST DO.
- Danger Signs – KILL YOU.
- Warning Signs – HURT YOU.
- Emergency Information Signs – SAFETY FIRST.
- Fire Signs – FIRE EQUIP.
What are the two types of safety symbols?
There are two different types of safety symbols: one refers to general safety protocols, while the other is used specifically for labeling chemicals that may be hazardous….4 Key Types of Safety Symbols
What are 5 examples of warning signs?
10 Most Common Warning Signs
- Slippery When Wet.
- Traffic Signal Ahead.
- Stop Ahead.
- Left (or Right) Turn Ahead.
- Sharp Curve to the Right (or Left)
- Merging Traffic.
- Advisory Speed on Exit Ramp.
- No Passing Zone.