How do I renew my Microsoft volume license?
For more information about Microsoft Volume Licensing, or to order or renew software licenses, contact your preferred Microsoft reseller.
- In the United States, call (800) 426-9400 or find an authorized reseller.
- In Canada, call the Microsoft Resource Centre at (877) 568-2495.
How do I find my Microsoft license authorization number?
Finding Your License and Authorization Numbers
- Your license number for each request is listed under Licensing ID.
- Your authorization number for each request is listed under Parent Program on the line below the word OPEN (indicating these licenses are from the Open License program).
How do I register with Volume Licensing Service Center?
Go to the VLSC at https://www.microsoft.com/licensing/servicecenter.
- Click Sign In.
- Choose to sign in with a “work account” or a “Microsoft account”.
- Enter your organizational email address that is registered with TechSoup Canada.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to proceed.
Is open license the same as volume license?
Open License products are all fulfilled through Microsoft’s Volume Licensing Center (VLC). The Microsoft Open License program is typically used for businesses containing hundreds of machines.
What is a volume licensing agreement?
In software licensing, a volume licensing is the practice of selling a license authorizing one computer program to be used on a large number of computers or by a large number of users.
How does Microsoft volume licensing work?
What is Microsoft Volume Licensing? Simply stated, licensing software in volume makes it easier and more affordable to run software on multiple computers within a single licensing organization. By acquiring software licenses through Microsoft Volume Licensing programs, you pay only for the software license.
Is open licensing going away?
Starting January 1, 2022, customers and partners will no longer be able to renew software licenses or online services through the Microsoft Open License Program.